Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ian turned 5



Ian turned 5 this week.  I can't believe my baby is 5 years old.  He will start kindergarten in the fall.  He is starting to show all the signs of growing up and I am so sad.  It is a funny thing about your youngest baby.  You seem to treasure all the little things they do just a little more.  I think because I don't have a baby to draw my focus away I really notice all the amazing things about him.

He still likes to cuddle and sit on my lap, although he doesn't fit there quite as well as he used to.  He is now becoming interested in how to spell words and often asks what nonsense letters and numbers spell. He is going to preschool 4 days a week and assures me that he will come home at the same time next year so I won't be lonely.

Ian is the most giving child I have ever known.  He always shares what ever he has and will often save part of a treat for his siblings, even when they are not around.  He actually gets quite insulted when you don't want what he is sharing.  So I get a lot of sticky candy from him.  He is also very friendly and talks to anyone and everyone.  He will probably be the child that spills all the family secrets.  He is also very observant and notices when I cut my hair or paint my nails.  He really makes people feel special

Ian loves to play sports and to run around.  He started soccer in the fall and will start baseball this spring.  I think the anticipation of playing is actually more fun for him than the actually sport. As much as he loves sports he is so good at playing make believe with his sister.  He is always game for whatever scenario she thinks up for them.  Ian also has a genuine sense of humor and really gets when things are funny.  Although his knock knock jokes leave something to be desired.

Ian is my forever baby and will always occupy a special place in my heart.   Although I am already having to share him.  He came home from preschool the other day and informed me that he is married.  His love is a little girl names Anastasia.  She is adorable and is in love with him too.  She told  her teacher "he is so nice to me. Does that sound like true love to you?" "Definitely" she replied.  I would have to agree.









No comments:

Post a Comment