We had a really fun Easter weekend. We headed up to Logan, on Friday afternoon so that I could go to dinner with my mom, sis, and sil for my Mom's Birthday. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Hamilton's and then headed to my Mom's house to have cake and ice cream, actually it was an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. Don't ya just love those? Yummy! All the kids chipped in and gave my mom the cutest dresser from Ikea.
Saturday morning Justin, Savannah and I got up and headed to Beaver Mountain for the Snoopy Ski Carnival. This was the last day of Savannah's ski lessons, they have races and obstacle courses and all kinds of fun for the kids. It was a perfect day, with great snow. Savannah had so much fun at the Carnival. After the Carnival was over we had a little time before the lifts closed so we hit 
the slopes as a family. Savannah did so good. She is a great little skier and even skied the ridge with Justin and I. I think she will be out skiing me soon, not that that is a great accomplishment. Uncle Dallas was able to join us at the the 'Beav' for part of the day and he and Justin had a lot of fun showing off for each other. I think Dal makes Justin feel like he is 22 again.
While we were skiing, Stephanie and my mom took Katie, Maddie and Dallin to the Smithfield city Easter egg hunt. Of course the babies went along, although they didn't do much hunting. After the candy had all been found they colored Easter eggs. It is so great to have a family that will help with my kids so I can play.
My sil Mauri and her little family were able to home for Easter so we got to celebrate her birthday on Saturday night. Every year I forget Mauri's birthday so this year I made sure to send her present more than a week early so it would be sure and get there. Wouldn't you know that this is the year that she decided to come to Utah. Oh well, I guess it serves me right.
Sunday we enjoyed a great Easter. The Easter Bunny visited my mom's house and left tons of goodies for the kids. After finding all of the eggs and inspecting the Easter baskets, we headed to church to hear Paul and Kandi speak. They did a great job and didn't even seem fazed by the kids waving and them the whole time. Their message was great and truly reminded us of the true meaning of Easter.
I can't post any pictures of Easter because I used my mom's camera, maybe in acould of weeks.Because we hadn't played enough we then headed back to my mom's for Easter dinner with my family. After being stuffed to the gills we then headed to the Larsen's for another dinner. Even though we were full, we managed to eat again. It was amazing with two meals that close together and not one dish was repeated.
This is my fil, Paul with the giant Easter ham. I think we managed to eat most of it.
After dinner we enjoyed hanging out with Justin's family. I think we are so lucky to have such good family . We really enjoy hanging out with them. I love that.
We did have one rotten thing happen last weekend. 4 or the 5 of us caught a cold. Complete with goopy eyes and runny noses. That was the pits. Thanks everyone for wanting to hang out with us, despite out illnesses.
Wish I could have joined you guys!
ReplyDelete