Well Tuesday came and The kids and I and my friend Jen and her kids Gracie and Matthew Boarded FrontRunner. Apparently we weren't the only mom's who thought it was a good idea to take of advantage of the free fares. It was so packed, it was crazy. I had taken my camera in hopes to get a picture, but there was not a chance. It was so crowded that we couldn't even find seats. Luckily some nice people offered me their seat so I didn't have to stand and hold Hailey all the way to SLC. We made it to SLC and jumped on Trax to head to the Gateway. We had promised the kids a trip to the Children's Museum. This was definitely more calm. I was able to really enjoy watching the kids play, and explore.
Hailey was so cute and so was amazed that I wasn't telling her no. It felt good to be in a place that I didn't have to say "don't touch that" every other sentence. She loved playing in the water.
Matthew and Dallin are great buds and had a great time rowing the boat together.
Savannah and Gracie disappeared into the houses and shops so I didn't get any pictures of them together, but I am sure they had a great time.
We weren't able to stay quite as long as we wanted, because we were worried about getting home on the train. So we quickly dashed out the the gateway and headed for Trax. After a stressful ride we made it to FrontRunner and waited to the train to depart. Of course I could have gotten a picture of the kids on the ride home, but I was too worried about keeping the kids happy and quiet to think about that.
So after that grand adventure we decided that once on the train was enough. There are definite advantages to having your own vehicle, even if you have to pay for your own gas and parking. I was glad that we did take the trip. Dallin was thrilled to ride on "the new train" ,but I think that is it for us.
sounds like a fun day! Isn't the children's museum fun? I really want to take my kids back!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like lots of fun! Frankie and I got a good laugh out of Dallin all dressed up in his basketball outfit, including headband and backpack!
ReplyDelete