Dallin came in the house yesterday with blood running down his neck. After cleaning him up and calling Dr. Rick for advice, we dragged the story out of him. At first he said that he had hit it on a rock. We have a lot of rocks in our yard so I wanted to know exactly where it happened. So he said that down by the playground a rock had flipped up and hit him. Justin said a rock can't just flip up how did it happen. Finally it dawned on my "Dallin did you throw a rock up and it hit you on the head?" "Yup". "Okay Dal this is why we can't throw rocks in the air." He has had this bad habit of throwing rocks as if they were soft balls, he has almost been hit before. I guess this is one way to learn a lesson. I am just glad he didn't need stitches or knock himself out. He said "I won't ever throw rocks again, not even big giant ones." Thanks heavens for that.
By the way do you like Dallin's new haircut (sorry the pictures is weird), I got a little overzealous with the clippers. He was very mad a first and said it didn't look good on him. I think he thought that it won't grow back like Justin's. After the initial shock he kind of likes it now.
I love a great summer buzz on little boys for the summer! Why does the Summer also always seem to bring new and creative injuries for little boys as well? Ouch! Glad he's okay.
ReplyDeletethanks for the picture -- i have been wanting to see his new "do." that is a serious sore on his head...lucky it wasn't worse. i'll show brett the picture and hopefully we won't have to repeat that ourselves :-)
ReplyDelete